Thursday, March 17, 2011

Low Tide, Polwheveral Creek.

Oil on Board 44 x 30 cm or 17 x 12 inches
This is one of my favorite views, looking down Polwheveral Creek, which is one of the creeks that feed down to the Helford River.  The high vantage point is a field where you can hide away and paint and watch and revel in such a glorious place  Where the trees fold down to hidden creeks that wend their way gently to the sea.  Where the glistening estuary mud is speckled with water birds paddling about in the shallows.
There are quite a few exciting things happening right now, I am going to be part of the Contemporary Impressionism series of exhibitions which are being held at Beside the Wave this summer.  I will be having a two-woman show with Amanda Hoskin in August and I am very excited about that indeed!

3 comments:

vivien said...

that's brilliant Sarah and well deserved

and I absolutely love this one - you've absolutely caught the light and sense of place

big Dave said...

Thats so cool... I will be there for sure. Really look forward to seeing your work

keir said...

Very evocative - I can almost hear those worms popping out of the mud flats