Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Some Early Mornings and Big Tides.

23 march 7.30 am.  Oil on paper 15 x 20 cm

22 March 12.30 pm.  Oil on paper 15 x 20 cm.


21 March. 7.30am.  Gouache on paper 21 x 15 cm
21 March 7am  Oil on wood 23 x 15

20 March 7.30am Oil on paper 15 x 20 cm
A few days with great tides, really high or really low.  I think, looking at my tide book that on the 21st it was the lowest that it will be all year.  On the 22nd I was able to walk right out and paint from a different viewpoint.   It is strange to go back when the tide is high and where you walked and sat is far under water.  I have been busy with lots of things but still fitting in these little paintings and will get back to posting them up on a daily basis very soon.

2 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

These are all wonderful. I can see your love for that water in your painting. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,
we like it!!!

lots of love
Bill Newton