Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May

Oil on canvas 40 x 50 cm
Well May has been a funny month, not much rain but quite a lot of grey misty days, lots of fantastic clouds, plenty of strong wind, odd really after such a blazing April.  Most of the flowers seem to have bloomed all at the same time, Azaleas and Rhododendrons flowering alongside Roses.  This is a very early morning, first light on the river when the night is still a suggestion in the sky and the boats are reduced to shapes in the half light.
I have had a lot of work on this month and haven't been able to paint as many days on the river as I would have liked.  I have to keep reminding myself that I said at the beginning of this project that I would paint the view as many days as possible. 
June starts tomorrow and I shall be spending half of in in Provence.  I am already boring all my friends by mentioning it far too often but I really am very excited!  I am going to meet up with three blogging friends, all artists, for two weeks of solid painting.  We have a blog, just started, where you can see who we are, what we paint and what happens when Four Go Painting in Provence.  Go and have a look, become a follower and enjoy a virtual holiday, with four such practised bloggers and four very artistic personalities it should be interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful!