Monday, May 09, 2011

Sheltering From The Rain

Pure Watercolour
28 x 32 cm or 11 x 12.6 inches
A watercolour, after months of oils.  I am trying my best to do some top notch watercolours.  I loved the rust stains on this little boat.  Not sure who it belongs to, I sneaked into the boat shed and did some drawing and photos while the sky darkened and rain began to fall.  I have been working on this in my studio and listening to a "rain sounds" CD to get the feeling back.  There is something very special about being outside but sheltered during a rain storm.

3 comments:

Vivien said...

I love rather rusty, battered objects like this - so well depicted.

Sarah said...

The adventure of getting the picture comes out in the painting itself! What a find!

Papierflieger said...

Wow, that is very cool. I like the "dark framing" of the roof.