Sunday, May 22, 2011

Three Days

Sunday Morning Blowing a Westerly. 22nd May
Oil (plus sand) on board 20 x 15 cm,
The wind is quite strong, clouds rushing along and trees dancing around.  Tucked away on the little beach I don't feel it, lovely lavender colours in the water as the wind ruffles the surface.  I manage to get quite a lot of sand in the paint, by mistake and a very small leaf got stuck too!  Church bells across the fields as I walk home.
Very Early Saturday Morning. 21st May
Oil on board 20 x 15 cm.
I am giving a workshop in Looe today so as it is a two hour drive it means an early start.  Its a bit grey, perhaps it will rain, feeling all fired up to insist that everyone works from life not photographs, hope they don't mind! 
Friday Evening, Kids Sailing Lessons. 20th May.
Oil on board, 20 x 15cm.
I am hiding by some rocks as the place is swarming with kids. It is Friday evening when they have their sailing lessons, great swarms of them in wet suits and little life jackets, all jumping in off the pontoon and having a very noisy time. Sometimes they bob past shouting "are you painting now Sarah?"  It is a brilliant life for them here, I don't expect they realise how lucky they are yet!    Maybe next week I will sit where I can paint them all in the picture.

No comments: