Thursday, June 02, 2011

Honeysuckle

 Oil on board 15 x 20 cm
Fantastic morning, bit cloudy but still and so quiet, the scent of honeysuckle is heavy on the air.  Every time I think that I have too much to do to go down and paint the river and I drag myself wearily off to do a painting I am so blown away by the beauty of the place.  It is a total pleasure to be able to sit and paint for an hour.  I come home full of energy and "vim and vigour"
Today I took a photo of the halfway stage, thought it might be interesting to see how much it changes through the painting.  So here it is ...
 all bitty and too dark in places, the line of boats in the distance needed to be more smudgy and I had trees in the wrong place on the horizon.
Also here are some details showing what is difficult to see in the main picture...there are colours in those dark places.
 And all boats are just squiggles of paint
 sky holes are flicked on bits of paint as well, just a dab here and there.
Always look closely at paintings to see how they are made.  It can be very informative.

2 comments:

vivien said...

lovely to see the details and the gorgeous loose marks :>)

I'm really enjoying this series with the changing light, weather, time and moving through the seasons.

I hope the gallery gives you a show where they can all sing together.

Robyn Sinclair said...

Beautiful detail, Sarah that's why there's nothing like seeing a painting IRL. Of course I will soon!