Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Rain it Raineth

Oil on board 15 x 20 cm
It rains a lot, I am wet, this is July, almost August, it is never right.  I am a bit sorry for the folks on holiday, happy for the gardeners and as for me, well I dont care, I like the rain and I have a solution for painting in the rain and this is it...
 here is the rain box at the start of painting, see the little prochade box nestling quite sweetly in the dry, see the rain on the river.  Nearing the end of the painting session the rain eases off, although by this time I am soaked through despight my trusty rain cape!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the look of the water in this one. You captured it so well, since it is visible in the photo of your very cool rainy day painting box.

Colours and Textures said...

....every day
Do you know the painting?
http://www.penleehouse.org.uk/collections/item/PEZPH:1989.61.html

The rain box is a great idea. I am enjoying following this series of paintings through the seasons, weathers and times of day.

Vivien said...

I agree with "Colours and Textures".

René PleinAir. said...

What a persistence!!

Love the box, and as always your painting. It's becoming such a nice series, I guess you beat Kevin with his reflection on a pond by miles!!!

*Going to look for a transparrant box now.