Thursday, October 27, 2011

Shortlisted

I have just got home from a very exciting and successful week exhibiting with Beside The Wave Gallery at the Affordable Art Fair.
It was hard work but very enjoyable, a fantastic buzz to the whole event and I got to meet several people who had only been blogging names to me before which is always lovely. 
I sold a lot of work, both mine and the other artists that the gallery represents, got some commissions and was approached by another gallery about an exhibition.
So I returned home on a bit of a high to find a message about the Artist of the Year Award which is being run by Artist and Illustrators magazine. Now I am impossibly excited! I have been shortlisted! There is a voting page with all of the images, I am in the landscape section. Looking through them I think the standard is high so I will be extremely proud to win but I am very proud to have been shortlisted.
The image above is the painting, the River Helford (of course) and here is where you can vote . Check out the others as well, they are all interesting paintings.
I had actually forgotten that I had entered, I have to frame the painting now, in super quick time and get it delivered up to London, right by where I was staying a couple of days ago! I am just relieved that I hadn't exhibited it of sold it!!
Now I am painting non stop as we go up to Edinburgh Art Fair in just about three weeks time.  Its like buses, you wait ages and then suddenly everything happens at once.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Congratulations Sarah on your well deserved recognition! Your paintings are all wonderful and I especially love your watercolors. (Perhaps I am biased since I paint with watercolors too.) Best of luck both with the competition and with preparing for your next exhibit.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Congratulations! You deserve it — all of it. You've been diligently working your arse off for years. It's about time. (I voted! No contest!)

Samanonymous said...

Lovely work Sarah!

Priyesh Thakkar said...

Pretty Awesome Work there.

Will you like to publish your work on my blog ?
I will love to put up your work so that other people here in India can also recognize it ! :) :D
http://the-naked-monkey.blogspot.com/

Sue Pownall said...

Congratulations on all your recent well-deserved successes!