Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Edinburgh Art Fair


Soft Velvet Light SOLD
Oil on Canvas 120cm x 150 cm or 47 inches x 59 inches

I have been hibernating, painting all hours like a fiend.  We are going up to the other end of the country for Edinburgh Art Fair and, as everything went so well in London, I wanted to take some new work.  This is the biggest.  Another painting of my dear friends room.  I enjoy working in a different media with the same subject and it certainly focuses the decisions that you have to make throughout a painting.  I love the result, its a sumptuous room and the oils bring a real richness to the colours.  I have a series of interiors planned, and some fine houses on my radar.  I have also got a painting trip to my Mother's allotment as well as my Aunt's garden, both lovely places (hopefully they haven't tided them before I get there!) December will be a busy month.
My river project has lost out though, I haven't painted the view since September but I plan to fill in all the days that I have missed on the same days next year... well that's the plan, it has to be flexible, life is changing at such a pace right now.
So I am off to catch a plane in a moment, its whisky, porridge and haggis for me!
I will post up some of the other new paintings during the week and then in December I will post up some of the new paintings that I have done for the gallery Christmas show.

5 comments:

vivien said...

gorgeous!

have fun, I love Edinburgh, but would have to pass on the haggis and not sure about the whisky either!

Oli said...

Great painting, I like it.

Ana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

Oh wow! There is so much in this and a lovely warmth about it too! I love it! :)