Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Simple Room

Oil on board 35 cm x 35 cm or 14 x 14 inches
SOLD
This was my room in Provence.  Such a calm and simple room, full of peace and tranquility.  Cool inside while it was hot and blazing outside.  Even the presence of scorpions and a lightening strike didn't diminish its quiet presence.  I liked it very much.
The Art Fair is going brilliantly, the previous two paintings have sold as has this one and the one scheduled to post up here tomorrow.  In fact I have almost sold out!  I am a very happy artist.

8 comments:

Mouse said...

I do wish I could afford to buy your paintings, alas I have a granite wall that needs re-pointing...

This one reminds me of Van Gogh, I love its simplicity

Ana said...

Happy and talented.
I loved this one!

felicitydeverell said...

Love this painting! Looks like a lovely cool,silent place to get out of a hot bothersome day. :)

Katherine Tyrrell said...

Isn't it weird that Ruth made the slideshow of photos of the house this week - which I posted in our holiday blog - and then you posted this - and then we heard about the fire......

Ewen MacDonald watercolouristanbul said...

I love the painting, not I'd deal with the presence of scorpions and a lightening strike so well as you though...

Sarah Wimperis said...

It's terrible news Katherine, I only got the email later last night. This painting sold to a very lovely couple on Saturday and I am working on one at home of the living room, before the fire obviously, the place had such a good feeling to it. I am just so glad that they are all safe. Maybe the home that rises from the ashes will be even more lovely, but all those books, and the paintings and drawings on the Walls and the ceramics....very sad.

Mouse said...

a fire? at Ruth and Julian's house? oh no!

Renée said...

This is lovely. I agree with what "felicitydeverell" said entirely. Looks like a calming refuge from the busy world and it made me feel like I was there when I looked at it :) just wonderful.