Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Big Paintings and TV stuff.

Cat on a Hot Thin Quilt
120cm x 150cm or almost 4 foot x 5 foot
It is a big painting! And it has sold!  Which obviously makes me very happy, not only because it keeps bread on my table and paints in my studio, but also because it has gone to such a loving home.  It has been brought by a lovely lady who wanted to use the money, left to her by her sister, for something that reminded her of her sister and made her feel peaceful and happy.  How wonderful is that, when one of your paintings can do that for someone.
I am spending some of my time busily in the gallery these days, cooking up cunning plans, selling lots of beautiful paintings and trying to master the mysteries of a till!  We have fantastic artists, the best in the west, if you haven't seen our blog its here the gallery blog, I write it and will be writing much more soon, follow it if you are interested in us and our artists.   Also the Gallery has got involved in the making of a TV programme called "The Hotel Inspector"  We are supplying artwork for the refurbished hotel, for the big reveal plus a still wet painting (painted by one of our artists) of their extraordinarily beautiful gardens and I think I may get filmed doing the hanging of all the paintings...don't watch it in wide-screen, my bum will look huge up a step ladder on TV!!
If you want to see the hotel and a couple of pictures of the artwork choosing process go here the Meudon Hotel and like their facebook page while you are there.  I think it would make the perfect venue for some painting holidays.

3 comments:

Takeyce Walter said...

How wonderful, Sarah! Congratulations. The painting is beautiful and definitely peaceful.

harry bell said...

Lovely painting. It reminds me a little of a favourite Eric Ravilious watercolour.

I tried to follow your gallery blog but there doesn't seem to be a "Follow" button.

David said...

Sarah, great to see all your recent work which I really like. The big bed painting is an absolute triumph!