Monday, June 25, 2012

Rosies Chair

Rosie's Chair
51.5cm x 41.5cm
oil on board
SOLD
This is a room that I fell in love with.  It is a hot afternoon.  In France.  An old house full of memories, a room full of still air and old dusty furniture.  Rosie's chair is beside the window, perfectly placed so that she could watch the street, see what was going on.  Bathed in sunlight the chair almost glows while the rest of the room retreats into comfortable shadows.  Murmuring voices and distant music come from the rest of the house, dancing into the hot afternoon air like a day dream, like Rosie remembering when she was a girl.

4 comments:

Mouse said...

ah, but that is so beautiful

Katherine Thomas said...

Ooh, I love the way you arrange a composition. All your pieces tell such beautiful stories and create special moods. I like the little corner painting below too! It's all gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Made me think of my own aging and my own memories. Thank you.

Leighton Hickman said...

Beautiful piece- I love the style and mood.