Monday, January 07, 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful...

First reason, the painting one... I have been very busy over the last few months, painting for a solo show in February.  Still have a few more paintings to finish then all of the framing to do. 
This is one of the press release paintings.  I cant show any of the others yet.
The show comprises of paintings, mostly oils, a few watercolours and some charcoal drawings, of interiors, gardens and "Found" still life.  Portraits without people.  There will also be a book of the work, some words of explanation and some of the working sketches.
Its very exciting and I am very pleased with the collection so far.

Second reason, the illustration one...I have also been working on a series of books with a great company called Real Reads, classics re written for children, with about 25 illustrations in each.  Titles finished so far are "Silas Marner", "The Thirty Nine Steps" and "Mill on the Floss", I am in the middle of "All Quiet on the Western Front" and still have "The Riddle of The Sands" to do.


There are many more titles by other authors and illustrators and if you have a young person who likes to read then these are great, you can find them on Amazon or their own web site. Real Reads
Third reason is a mixture of painting and illustration and still top secret so I cant say any more!
Have a very happy new year!
 

2 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

That's all so amazing and I'm really excited for you... and incredibly jealous! But I can only imagine how much work you've put into these projects, and it shows in your finished pieces. Sarah, I'm so impressed! I love the painting of the couch and bookshelf, too! Congratulations and best wishes in your show!

Suzanne McDermott said...

What great news... all around. Congrats on the solo show and best of everything with it. LOVE the new illustration project. What a coup. Who's cooking the dinners, I wonder? Love and good wishes for the new year.