Thursday, April 30, 2015

Time to Experiment

I used to work with the figure a lot, in fact painting from life was my passion long before plein air, Gardens, Landscape or Interiors took hold.  As I now have time to experiment I am working on a series of "selfies." Self Portraits, its a way of taking yourself seriously, at least that's how it feels. A kind of honest examination of not only what you look like but a trawl through your emotional response to your world...its illuminating!
I wont post up anything until it is finished but here are a few details of some beginnings.

I love the drawing part of oil painting, actually I love all of it but the beginnings of a painting are always exciting.

There are rather a lot of exciting projects on the horizon which, when I can tell, I will.

Until then...watch this space!

No comments: