Monday, May 04, 2015

All the World's a Stage...

  1. "Through to the Dining Room"Oil on Linen 120 cm x 80 cm or 47.24 x 31.50 inches
A complex mixture of patterns, colours, textures and temperatures made this interesting for me. With such defined foreground, middle and background it reminded me of a stage set, which is often how I think of paintings.  As with a stage set my paintings are telling a tale.  This is a story of objects, found, gathered and collected, displayed with care and love and although it is not my living space it is one that I recognise, a family home.  This is the stage where the passion play is enacted and re-enacted and these are the props that are used to help tell the tale. As Mr Shakespear said:
  1. "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts, His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant, Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms..."

3 comments:

Suzanne McDermott said...

Beautiful, Sarah!! I recently recommended that a student study your work. She's especially interested in rooms leading into other rooms. What a perfect example. Send you love and good cheer. XO

Sarah Wimperis said...

Thank you Suzanne. Very happy to help if your student wants any more info!

Barbara Weeks said...

Such depth and juicy color!