Sunday, September 13, 2015

Working in the Rain

Not quite as extream as it sounds, last night and all morning we had a huge thunder storm, which is always exciting in a tent.
This morning, having mopped up all the leaks, I set up a tented studio. I am supposed to be working on this trip, doing some commissions and working towards a book. So today I painted, photographing each stage of the work as it developed. I used an image from my iPhone and the sketch that I did yesterday.  It was a beautiful little productive courtyard opening onto an small lane in Bargemon. With a tiny door and two stone troughs catching water from a little water spout. This is in oils, kind of half PleinAir half studio work!


 

 

1 comment:

Maud Guilfoyle said...

Marvelous, what a treat to share your adventure! I wish you great success with your commissions and books.