Monday, December 07, 2015

"Quick Draw", not a cowboy film...

Recently I have been writing and illustrating on a couple of books working with Salariya Publishing, with the working title of "Quick Draw" 

The first of which is "Urban Landscapes" They include a lot of step by step drawings and paintings in as many different media as I can imagine. Watercolour, oils, pencil, pastel, charcoal, ink and even digital are all covered.

As well as hard work it has been a great deal of fun to be able to explore and play and has made me realize, yet again, how important constant practice and experimentation is for any artist at whatever level.

One of the results of all this work is that I have equipped myself with a mobile studio (Muddy Red Wheels!) and intend to travel the UK and Europe painting, drawing and holding workshops, giving talks and demos wherever I can.

The world is my oyster and I intend to paint it!
You will be able to follow my exploits on Facebook, Twitter as well as here on my blog.
Stay tuned for more news.

No comments: