Monday, February 08, 2016

Putting in the Hours

"Early Morning", watercolour 5 x 7 inches or 12.7 x 17.7 cm.
Bid Here

I am feeling the need to put in the hours, to practice my craft.  I know that I love the fluency that plein air painting brings, No pressure of painting to order, for a collection or for any other reason other than to hone my skills, practice, practice, practice and to speak in the language that I know best. Never underestimate the benefits of practice.
I like the hour or two of complete solitude, the meditation of painting, or drawing.  With all that in mind I am getting down to work.  I have a big trip planed later in the year, a bit of a grand tour and I want to paint all the way, so I am getting into training.

You can sign up to my email list if you would like to be first to know about these paintings and my traveling/painting plans.

No comments: